The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) is responsible for providing social grants to eligible citizens in need. One of the grants offered by SASSA is the SRD R350 grant, which was introduced in 2020 as a temporary measure to provide financial support to individuals affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. If you previously received the R350 grant when it was initially introduced, you may be eligible to reapply for the grant if you meet the criteria. Reapplication for R350 SRD grant is crucial for those who may have missed out on the grant in the past or whose circumstances have changed since their original application.
SASSA Grant Reapplication for R350 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the R350 grant have been changed with the reduction of the income threshold from R350 to R624. This means that individuals who receive a monthly income of R625 or higher are not eligible for the grant.
To be eligible for SASSA Grant Reapplication, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a South African citizen, permanent resident, refugee with a valid visa, an asylum seeker with a section 22 permit, or hold a special permit under the Angola Dispensation, the Lesotho Exemption Permit Dispensation, or the Zimbabwe Permit Dispensation.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 60.
- Reside within South Africa.
- Not actively refuse employment or education opportunities.
- Not be enrolled in a government-funded or subsidized institution.
It’s important to note that SASSA will conduct a monthly means test for COVID-19 SRD grant recipients through financial banks to ensure continued eligibility for the grant.
SASSA SRD R350 Reapplication Process
There are several ways to reapply for the R350 grant, including, submitting an application online, or through the SRD WhatsApp channel 082 046 8553.
Applying online is quick and simple, you can do so by visiting the SRD website:
- Enter your mobile number, click on submit.
- You will receive an OTP code via SMS, enter the code and click on verify code.
- A consent form will appear on your screen, read and accept the terms.
- Proceed to fill in our personal details and verify your identity.
- Your application will only be confirmed if it matches your details on the Department of Home Affairs database.
If you choose to reapply through the Moya app, you will need to download the app from Play Store and follow the instructions for reapplying.
It’s important to note that the reapplication process for the R350 grant may change at any time, so it’s best to always check the SASSA website for up-to-date information and also to check the status of your application each and every month.
In conclusion, the R350 grant from SASSA can provide valuable financial support to those in need. If you previously received the grant and meet the eligibility criteria, you may be eligible to reapply. Be sure to provide all of the required documentation and follow the reapplication process to ensure that your application is processed efficiently.
The Social Assistance Grant is a grant that an individual qualifies to receive when they are unemployed or their family loses their job, due to sicknesses or other reasons. An individual can apply for a grant if they have been unemployed for more than 3 months and are unable to keep themselves and their family in accommodation as provided for by the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA).
The application for your grant needs to be through the official channel, which is in this case the SARS website. But there’s a catch. You must only have one application through any channel and not multiple applications just because you want to get it done quickly. The application must be in the form of letter writing, otherwise, it will not be accepted.