The Truworths account allows South Africans and permits holders to shop at Truworths stores across the country, including online. Truworths has some of the best clothing brands in South Africa, and the retailer’s brands are synonymous with quality.
Men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing are available to account holders who can shop for clothing for any season. Truworths offers beauty products, electronics, and accessories in addition to clothing, for which the store is well-known for.
When it comes to making purchases, a Truworths account does not limit you to Truworths stores. Customers can use their Truworths account at any Loads of Living or Office London location. More can be added to your lifestyle with a single account.
Before we proceed, let us first understand how the Truworths Account works and what it offers. These are covered in more detail in the summary below.
Truworths Account Summary
The Truworths Account is a store credit card that allows qualifying South African ID holders and non-South African citizens with a work permit to obtain credit. The account provides credit starting at R250.00 and budget plans of 6 and 12 months to choose from. Account-holders do not pay interest on their store credit when using the 6-month budget, but interest is charged when using the 12-month budget.
When you open a Truworths account, you will receive R1000.00 in fashion vouchers. These vouchers are redeemable in multiple purchases over a six-month period. From the first month of account opening, only one voucher can be used. The vouchers are only valid for non-sale items from Truworths and its partner stores.
Following the receipt of your store vouchers and selection of a plan, the next step is to shop using your account. Truworths Account holders have access to a variety of stores in South Africa.
With so many options, the Truworths Account allows users to purchase a variety of carefully selected products. Account-holders have access to bedroom and bathroom accessories and decor as well as clothing fashion labels.
When making purchases, the account can be used at any Truworths or participating store. If you run out of credit, you can apply for more credit in-store to use temporarily at checkout. Account-holders can also use their accounts to make online purchases at Truworths or partner store websites.
Which stores accept Truworths account/card ?
- Truworths Man,
- Daniel Hechter,
- OFFICE London,
- Loads of Living,
- LTD Kids, and
- Naartjie stores across South Africa.
A Truworths account can be used in a variety of stores throughout South Africa. The account can be used at Truworths stores nationwide, which sell children’s clothing, women’s clothing, men’s clothing, fragrances, makeup, and skincare products. Truworths sells a variety of clothing brands, including but not limited to Uzzi, Bad Boy, Daniel Klein, Fossil, Hemisphere, Truworths Man, and Inwear.
Account-holders have access to additional Truworths standalone stores such as Daniel Hechter, Uzzi, Ltd Man, and others. These products are sold in Truworths stores, but you can also find them as stand-alone stores in various malls throughout South Africa. Fashion labels such as LTD Kids, Naartjie, EARTHADDICT, and EARTHCHILD are also available in stand-alone stores to account holders.
Truworths has partner stores that accept a Truworths account. You can also shop at OFFICE LONDON and Loads of Living if you have an account. These stores sell clothing labels and items that are not available at any Truworths location. Clothing brands such as Kappa, Asics, Birkenstock, Fila, and others can be found at these stores.
Advantages of the Truworths Account
- The account comes with R1000.00 in fashion vouchers that can be redeemed at any Truworths store.
- Account-holders have the option of choosing between a 12-month and a 6-month budget plan. Account-holders on a 6-month plan do not have to pay interest on the amount borrowed.
- There are numerous stores that accept the Truworths Account.
- By simply registering for an online account, the account can be used to make online purchases.
- The account does not limit users to only purchasing fashion items; they can also purchase jewelry, cellphones, cell phone accessories, and other items.
- You can save time by adding items to your cart, paying for them, and then picking them up at your local Truworths store with the account.
Disadvantages of the Truworths Account
- The vouchers that are issued when opening the account do not apply to on sale items, therefore, one cannot save more on items that are on sale.
- The account cannot buy furniture and it is not linked to any store that sells furniture.
- You must be at least 18 at the time of application.
- Have an income such as salary, student allowance, etc.
- Have a South African ID book or Smart card or a passport with a permit.
- Must have a proof of income if employed.
- A recent proof of residence is required.
The Truworths Account is a shopping account that allows users to shop across multiple brands with a single account. The account is fashion-focused, and its partner stores have expanded to Office London and Loads of Living. This move has assisted Truworths in broadening its line of business by providing account holders with more options.