As an international student looking to study at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore, you will need to apply for a student visa. The student visa for Singapore is known as the Student’s Pass. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you with the application process:
All full-time international students are required to obtain and hold a valid Student’s Pass to study in Singapore. Please click HERE for the detailed Student’s Pass Application procedure document.
- Check Entry Requirements: Before applying, ensure that you meet the entry requirements for the course you want to pursue at NTU. Visit the official NTU website or contact the university’s admissions office to confirm the specific entry criteria for international students.
- Receive an Offer of Admission: You must have received an offer of admission from NTU before applying for a Student’s Pass. Check the university’s admission process and submit all the required documents to secure your place.
- Apply for the Student’s Pass: Once you have been accepted into NTU, the university will provide you with detailed instructions on how to apply for the Student’s Pass. This process is usually handled online through the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority’s (ICA) website or through the Student’s Pass Online Application & Registration (SOLAR) system.
- Required Documents: Prepare the necessary documents for your Student’s Pass application. Commonly required documents include:
- Passport with a validity period of at least six months
- A recent passport-sized photograph (check specific requirements)
- NTU’s offer letter
- Completed Student’s Pass application form (provided by NTU)
- Proof of financial ability to cover tuition fees and living expenses
- Medical examination report (sometimes required)
- Any other documents specified by the Singaporean authorities.
- Submit the Application: Follow the instructions provided by NTU and submit your Student’s Pass application online through SOLAR. Make sure to fill out the form accurately and attach all the required documents.
- Application Processing: The processing time for a Student’s Pass can vary, so apply well in advance. It may take several weeks to get a decision on your application. Keep an eye on your email for any updates or requests for additional information from the immigration authorities.
- Issuance of Student’s Pass: If your application is approved, you will receive an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter. This letter allows you to travel to Singapore. Upon your arrival in Singapore, you will need to complete some formalities, such as medical screening, and collect your Student’s Pass.
- Registration at NTU: Once you have your Student’s Pass, complete the registration process at NTU as an international student. The university will guide you through the necessary steps.
- Comply with Regulations: As a Student’s Pass holder, you must comply with all Singaporean immigration regulations. This includes maintaining a valid passport, attending classes regularly, and abiding by the visa’s conditions.
You are to look out for the Confirmation of Acceptance email sent to your inbox/ junk after you have confirmed your acceptance. Your Student’s Pass Online Application and Registration (SOLAR) details will be indicated in the email.
For Full-Time International students holding IPA letter who are currently residing in Singapore, you can make e-appointment with ICA to collect your Student Pass. MOE entry approval is not required.
Please do not make any early travel plans without the IPA letter. Students entering Singapore must produce the In-Principle Approval (IPA).