Looking for how to apply for graduate programs (Master’s or Ph.D.) at NUS, all applicants are advised to apply online through the Graduate Admission System. Applicants should browse the User Guide before applying. All supporting documents must be uploaded (in pdf format) by the application closing date. English translations should accompany supporting documents that are not in English.
Applying for graduate programs (Master’s or Ph.D.) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) typically involves several steps. Here’s a general guide on how to apply:
- Research Programs and Eligibility: Visit the NUS website and explore the various graduate programs offered. Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you are interested in, including academic qualifications and language proficiency requirements.
- Prepare Documents: Gather all the required application materials, which may include:
- Transcripts and certificates: Prepare copies of your academic records from all previous institutions attended.
- Letters of recommendation: Request letters from academic or professional references who can speak to your abilities and potential.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP): Write a well-crafted essay explaining your academic and research interests, career goals, and why you want to pursue the program at NUS.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume: Prepare a detailed CV or resume highlighting your academic and professional achievements.
- Standardized test scores: Some programs may require GRE, TOEFL, or IELTS scores. Check the specific requirements for your chosen program.
- Online Application: Create an account on the NUS Graduate Admission System (GDA2) and complete the online application form. Provide accurate and detailed information about yourself and your academic history.
- Application Fee: Pay the application fee as required. The fee amount may vary depending on the program and applicant’s nationality. Check the NUS website for the latest fee details.
- Submit Documents: Upload all the required documents to your online application. Make sure they meet the specified formats and file sizes.
- Check Deadlines: Be mindful of the application deadline. NUS usually has specific deadlines for different graduate programs, so submit your application well before the closing date.
- Wait for Decision: After submitting your application, the admissions committee will review your materials. The duration for the decision may vary depending on the program and the number of applications.
- Interview (if required): Some programs may require an interview as part of the selection process. If selected, prepare for the interview to demonstrate your enthusiasm and suitability for the program.
- Acceptance and Enrollment: If accepted, you will receive an admission offer. Respond to the offer within the specified timeframe and complete the necessary enrollment procedures.