To make money with YouTube in Canada, you can follow these general steps:
- Create a YouTube Channel: Sign up for a YouTube account and create your own channel. Choose a niche or topic that you’re passionate about and that has an audience.
- Produce High-Quality Content: Create engaging and high-quality videos that cater to your target audience’s interests. Develop a content strategy and produce videos consistently to build an audience and keep them engaged.
- Enable Monetization: Once you meet the eligibility requirements, enable monetization on your YouTube channel. This involves joining the YouTube Partner Program (YPP) and adhering to its policies. You need to have at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours in the past 12 months to qualify for monetization.
- Ad Revenue: With monetization enabled, you can earn money through advertisements displayed on your videos. YouTube shares a portion of the revenue generated from ads with channel owners.
- Channel Memberships: You can offer channel memberships to your audience, where they pay a monthly fee to access exclusive content, badges, or other perks. This feature is available to channels with 30,000 subscribers or more.
- Super Chat and Super Stickers: During live streams or Premieres, viewers can purchase Super Chats or Super Stickers to highlight their messages or images in the chat. You receive a portion of the revenue from these purchases.
- YouTube Premium Revenue: YouTube Premium subscribers who watch your content can contribute to your revenue. YouTube distributes a portion of its subscription revenue to creators based on the watch time of Premium members on their videos.
- Sponsored Content and Brand Partnerships: As your channel grows, you may attract brands interested in collaborating with you. Sponsored videos or brand partnerships can provide additional income. Ensure that any sponsored content complies with YouTube’s policies and guidelines.
- Merchandise Shelf: Once eligible, you can utilize the merchandise shelf feature to showcase your official merchandise directly on your channel. This allows viewers to make purchases, and you earn revenue from merchandise sales.
- Crowdfunding: You can use external crowdfunding platforms such as Patreon, Kickstarter, or Indiegogo to generate additional income. These platforms allow your audience to support you financially in exchange for exclusive content or rewards.
Remember that building a successful YouTube channel takes time, effort, and dedication. Consistently create valuable and engaging content, interact with your audience, and promote your videos through social media and other channels to maximize your chances of success.