SingPass account ownership can be transferred between different NRIC holders in Singapore. However, this process can only be initiated by the current owner of the SingPass account, and there are certain requirements and steps that must be followed.
Here are the steps to transfer SingPass account ownership in Singapore:
- The current owner of the SingPass account must log in to the SingPass website using their SingPass ID and password.
- Once logged in, the current owner must navigate to the “My Account” section of the SingPass website and select the “Transfer of SingPass Account Ownership” option.
- The current owner must then provide the NRIC number and contact details of the person they wish to transfer ownership to.
- The person who will be receiving the SingPass account must then log in to the SingPass website using their SingPass ID and password and complete the ownership transfer process by providing their personal details and accepting the transfer.
- After the transfer is completed, the new owner will be able to log in to the SingPass website using their SingPass ID and password.
Note that there are certain requirements that must be met for a SingPass account ownership transfer to be approved. These include:
- The current owner must have a valid reason for transferring ownership, such as retirement or relocation overseas.
- The new owner must be a Singapore citizen or permanent resident.
- The SingPass account must not be used for any illegal activities or be involved in any ongoing investigations or legal proceedings.
It’s important to follow these steps carefully and ensure that all the requirements are met in order to successfully transfer the ownership of a SingPass account in Singapore.