To update the security settings for your SingPass account in Singapore, including password strength and enabling two-factor authentication, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the SingPass website: Go to the official SingPass website using a web browser on your computer or mobile device. The SingPass website is the centralized portal for managing your SingPass account.
- Log in to your SingPass account: Enter your SingPass username and password to log in to your account. If you have forgotten your SingPass password, you can follow the password recovery process provided on the website.
- Navigate to account settings: Once you are logged in, look for the account settings or profile section. The specific location may vary depending on any recent updates to the SingPass website’s user interface. Usually, you can find it under a menu labeled “My Account,” “Profile,” or a similar term.
- Update password strength: In the account settings or profile section, locate the password settings. Here, you should be able to change your password and set a new, strong password. Follow the instructions provided on the website to create a password that meets the specified requirements, such as a minimum length, a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. It’s important to choose a unique and strong password to enhance security.
- Enable two-factor authentication (2FA): Look for the two-factor authentication or security settings within your SingPass account settings. There should be an option to enable 2FA. Follow the instructions to set up two-factor authentication for your account. SingPass supports various 2FA methods, such as SMS OTP (One-Time Password), SingPass Mobile App, and OneKey Token. Choose the method that suits your preferences and follow the provided instructions to complete the setup.
- Verify and test settings: Once you have made the necessary changes, it is recommended to verify and test your new security settings. Log out of your SingPass account and attempt to log in again using your new password. If you have enabled two-factor authentication, ensure that the additional verification step is functioning as expected.
Remember to keep your SingPass account credentials and any associated 2FA devices or applications secure. Regularly update your password and review your security settings to maintain the highest level of security for your SingPass account.