To use SingPass to access government e-services in Singapore, including tax filing and CPF statements, you can follow these steps:
- SingPass Registration: If you don’t have a SingPass account, you need to register for one. Visit the SingPass website (www.singpass.gov.sg) and click on “Register for SingPass” to start the registration process.
- Eligibility Check: Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for SingPass registration. Generally, Singapore citizens, Permanent Residents, and selected pass holders are eligible.
- Required Documents: Prepare the necessary documents for SingPass registration. These typically include your NRIC (National Registration Identity Card) or FIN (Foreign Identification Number), as well as supporting documents such as a valid passport or employment pass.
- Registration Process: Follow the instructions provided on the SingPass website to complete the registration process. This may involve providing personal information, verifying your identity, and setting up your SingPass credentials, such as username and password.
- SingPass Mobile App (optional): Download and install the SingPass Mobile app on your mobile device from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. This app provides added security and convenience for SingPass login.
- Accessing Government e-Services: Once you have registered for SingPass, you can use it to access various government e-services, such as tax filing and CPF statements. Visit the respective government websites, such as the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) or Central Provident Fund (CPF) Board, and look for the SingPass login option.
- SingPass Login: Click on the SingPass login option and enter your SingPass username and password. If you have the SingPass Mobile app, you can also use it to scan the QR code displayed on the website for a secure login.
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): SingPass uses two-factor authentication for enhanced security. You may be prompted to verify your identity using SMS One-Time Password (OTP), SingPass Mobile app, or other 2FA methods.
- Accessing Specific e-Services: Once you have successfully logged in with SingPass, navigate to the desired government e-service, such as tax filing or CPF statements. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the necessary transactions or view the required information.
Remember to keep your SingPass credentials confidential and secure to protect your personal information. If you encounter any issues during the SingPass registration or login process, you can refer to the SingPass website for troubleshooting guides or contact their support for assistance.