The first train service to Changi Airport from Tanah Merah Interchange station arrives at 5:19 am on Mondays to Saturdays and at 5:47 am on Sundays and public holidays.
How to get to MRT Station from Changi Airport?
To take MRT you can approach by foot from Changi Terminal 2 or Changi Terminal 3 to the train station which is located at the basement level of Changi Terminal 2.
From Changi Terminal 1 you can take the SkyTrain to Changi Terminal 3. It won’t take more than 15 minutes.
On the other hand, from Changi Terminal 4, it is necessary to transfer first to Changi Terminal 2 through the 24-hour shuttle bus service to take the SkyTrain.
You just need to follow the signs “Train to the city” to reach to MRT Station.
MRT opening hours: Daily, 06:00 am – 00:00 am.
MRT Station from Changi Airport
Changi Airport in Singapore is served by the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) system, which is an efficient and convenient way to travel to and from the airport. The MRT station at Changi Airport is called “Changi Airport Station” and is part of the East-West Line (EWL). Here are some important details about the MRT at Changi Airport:
- Location: The Changi Airport MRT Station is located in the basement of Terminal 2. There are clear signs within the airport terminals directing passengers to the station.
- Lines: Changi Airport Station is part of the East-West Line (EWL). This line runs across the island, connecting the eastern and western parts of Singapore.
- Operating Hours: The MRT operates from early morning until midnight, and the first train usually departs around 5:30 AM. Please note that the operating hours may be subject to change, so it’s advisable to check the latest schedule.
- Frequency: Trains on the East-West Line generally arrive every 3 to 5 minutes during peak hours and every 5 to 7 minutes during off-peak hours. However, it’s always a good idea to check the train timings in advance, especially if you have a tight schedule.
- Fare: The fare for the MRT ride depends on the distance traveled. Singapore’s MRT system uses a distance-based fare structure. You can pay for your MRT journey using an EZ-Link card or a Singapore Tourist Pass, both of which can be purchased at the airport.
- Interchange Stations: Changi Airport Station provides an interchange to the Downtown Line (DTL) at Expo Station. If you wish to travel to destinations along the Downtown Line, you can transfer at Expo Station.
- Travel Time: The travel time from Changi Airport to the city center (City Hall MRT Station) is approximately 30 minutes by MRT.
It’s worth mentioning that Changi Airport offers several other transportation options, including taxis, private car hire services, and airport shuttle buses, in addition to the MRT. Choose the option that suits your preferences and travel plans.